The vision of Skills Academy is to provide an excellent service for its Community, which educates, inspires, develops and creates opportunities through sport.
Mike Delaney believes that he and his team can deliver sport in such a way that it benefits young people in more ways than just improving their sport skills.
- We want as many people as possible to share our love of sports and appreciate the good that it can do in the community.
- We aim to achieve this by continually hiring the best coaches available to deliver exciting programs to children from all areas of the community.
- We will maintain good working relations with all schools, clubs, and partners to ensure that we are working together to increase participation and enjoyment for everyone involved in sport.
- A high quality service that is affordable for people from all economic backgrounds.
- Respect for the customer and what their expectations are.
- Commitment to maintain and increase participation levels through clever coaching techniques.
- High level of performance relating to an agreement of targets.
Please click for government/ education board COVID guidelines
Meet the Team
Did you know?
Greg Wickenden who trains coaches at the Skills Academy has been a member of the FA support team for training grassroots coaches for a number of years. Greg is a UEFA qualified coach and will be present at our camps throughout the summer.
Did you know?
Mike Delaney who started the Skills Academy 22 years ago is the football choreographer for Adidas whenever they have their football shoots. Mike works closely with #Messi, #Salah #Pogba, #Dybala & many other top players regularly. Mike is UEFA qualified and has played #Futsal as an England International. He will oversee summer camps again this year.
Did you know?
That Finn Lucas attended the Skills Academy as a youngster himself- he is now a qualified coach who has delivered football and PE sessions for many local schools and is one of our most popular coaches.
We have many other coaches who have a story that you may not have known. They are ready to deliver the best football and sports camps this year.
We are now allowing any work experience students interested in getting into coaching to join us. They will need to go through our safety training and complete their DBS checks. Simply contact us for details of this.
Each coach adheres to the Skills Academy Health and Safety Policy and works with a maximum number of 16 children at each session, recommended in FA guidelines.
The Skills Academy holds regular in house training days as part of good practice, which includes presentations detailing new football programs and any changes being made to existing ones. Coaches are given an itinery with a list of sessions they are booked in for with times, venues and addresses.
Practical workshops are held to ensure coaches have a clear understanding of the drills, practices, and games they are expected to deliver.